Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Day 2, At Sea

    November 6, 2022, Caribbean Sea ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Good morning all from somewhere in the Caribbean Sea somewhere between Barbados and Aruba. A lovely nights sleep last night after our long day yesterday. We weren’t awake too early, 8.45 Caribbean time which is 4 hours behind UK.

    Our first task was to unpack as we were just to tired last night so we did that as soon as we got up. We then went up to the horizon buffet for some breakfast. The sun was out and it was a pleasant 28 degrees. A little disappointed to find no lemon Danish, but the vanilla muffin came in a very good replacement. Afterwards, we had a wander around the ship to ascertain what was where, the layout very similar to the princess ships we are used to.

    After lunch we sat out on the open decks, sunshine and a bit of cloud but absolutely lovely, sailing along with a lovely breeze. The sea like a mill pond and idyllic sailing conditions. Whilst sat out on the loungers, there was a bit of a music quiz on which we were pretty hopeless at, but there were some welsh ladies on the row behind us who couldn’t help themselves from singing along and announcing the answers. They were great for the 50s 60s and 70’s songs bless ‘em, I think between them they had an average age of about 103 😂😂. They were ace, we still lost.

    Next stop “Jude’s” ice cream parlour on deck 16, pretty nice. A tub of vanilla for me and a chocolate cone for the gaffer nice ice cream, we will be back. The decks started to thin out about 4ish as it was a formal night tonight. We didn’t bother with the formal night so we decided to head to one of our favourite parts of the ship, the back where we sat for a couple of hours and had a couple of beers. It was absolute bliss, watching the world go by with a pint, nice and warm and truly relaxing.

    Due to the relaxation, we felt a little siesta was required before dinner, so we went back to the room and had a look through what was on this evening. As it was a formal night, the open decks were quiet. So we decided we’d eat at the buffet and then we went and sat out in the hot tub until about 9pm, before getting changed and popping back to the decks for a drink and the obligatory cake !

    If Carlsberg did first days !!
    Read more