Satellite
  • Day 8

    We shouldn't have trusted the Pöbel.

    June 27, 2016 in Czech Republic ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Day three... Our last day in Prague before takinf an overnight bus to Amsterdam. We woke up after no sleep and had to try and get ready to check out of the apartment by 1030am. Let me tell you... It was difficult. Have you ever tried to pack while you still feel like you just came from the bar? I blame the Pöbel.

    After grabbing our stuff, we walked over to the bus station that we were departing from later that day and dropped off our backpacks before searching for some MUCH NEEDED MCDONALDS. I HAD A MCROYAL AND I DONT REALLY EVEN KNOW WHAT IT WAS BUT IT WAS SO GOOD AND NECESSARY.

    Our bua didnt leave until 630 pm so we had about 6 hours to kill before having to be at the station, so we explored more! We had a bit of last minute shopping to do, and Shaunessa wanted to try and get Niki a Czech hockey jersey as a gift. I am NOT JOKING when I say we LITERALLY SEARCHED EVERY SPORTS STORE IN PRAGUE FOR SOMETHING WITH CZECH HOCKEY ON IT. What ia it with this place and not selling hockey gear in the off season? That's like Canadian Blasphemy!!

    After being SEVERELY DISAPPOINTED BY THE LACK OF HOCKEY IN PRAGUE we headed to the fanous dancing buildings.. Which were cool even if we have no idea what the point ia or why they are called the dancing buildings, to be honest.

    Theres really not a lot to report except that we walked WAY TOO MUCH. When it was closer to the time to load the bus, we went to the teeminal amd waites around for WHAT FELT LIKE FOREVER. HONESTLY WHY DOES TIME FLY WHEN YOU DONT WANT IT TO AND CRAWL ALONG WHEN YOU DO?

    The main highlight of the time in the station was this amazing fresh caprise salad sandwhich I had on these ridiculously soft, fresh baguettes. Probably one of the best sandwiches I have ever had, and I am definitely copying thay rexipe when I get back.

    We loaded the bus at 6:00 and found a spot that has 4 seats around a table, so we settled in for a long, long night.
    Read more