Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Thailand - Ko Samui Day 4

    June 6, 2018 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    Another beautiful day in paradise that saw us set off to do the touristy things on the island. This time just minus Simon who stayed behind to do some work. Once again Pete is tour guide and surrounded by us girls, and he is incredibly patient with us all! So we set off, first stop the big Buddha after a few goes down some side streets. Jenny and I were boiling to death in the tub today as there was no cloud cover so we got Pete to stop and we bought umbrellas and six large bottles of water that we ended up using in a tub water fight! Still kept us cool and we entertained a few Thais on bikes.

    While people visited the big Buddha and surrounding shops Pete and I sat in the Big Buddha coffee shop and had real coffee and the place had a lovely outlook over the water. Gradually everyone found their way to us and we set off to the next venue, passing through Chaweng and Lamai to another great lunch venue found by Pete overlooking the phallic rocks! We really have had some great food along the way.

    After lunch we moved on to the Mummified Monk and then back to Nathon where we had a drink in the Irish bar, as you do, where we watched the rugby briefly while Jude tried to pick up her garments from the tailor. Not successful as she was closed, back again tomorrow!☺️

    Made our way back to the villa and Marg interrupted Simon’s reading time and we all relaxed by the pool, with Jude and I trying to get everyone to do water aerobics which no one would participate in of course! Bit like when I try to get people to play frisbee on the beach😂😂.

    In the evening we found another wonderful restaurant on the beach, it really feels like this is an eating fest!

    Oh and I forgot to mention that on Tuesday night after returning from dinner at Chaweng, Judy, Jenny and I stayed up till 2.00am singing and dancing, not drinking of course, which meant that on Wednesday we had to have a RAD. This is Pete’s solution to having an AFD. Now I know some of you will be thinking what? So a RAD is a reduced alcohol day, because no one seems capable of an alcohol free day! It’s ok we are all going into detox, apart from Jude who the only well behaved one!🤣
    Read more