Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Thailand - Ko Samui Day 5

    June 7, 2018 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    Today everyone was up early, ready for the snorkelling trip. Jenny used the ‘I have a pain in the tummy’ excuse to get out of going, so we left her behind with her book. Off we went ready for another adventure. This time Simon and I were tubby buddies! Simon borrowed Jenny’s umbrella and off we set.

    We caught a long tail boat to two snorkelling locations. I didn’t realise Judy had never snorkelled before and so we had some tense moments getting her into the sea. But that’s one thing off her bucket list, as by the time we finished she was snorkelling like a pro!

    Everyone had a great time and we saw heaps of fish and an amazing time. Our boat driver was amazing and very helpful with all the oldies, oh that’s us! Apart from pete who threw himself into the sea so he didn’t have to use the ladder!

    On the way back we stopped at a restaurant that was being set up by a French guy when Pete and I were here 5 years ago. It is lovely but no food so we moved on and Pete once again found us an amazing place where we stopped and ate. Amazing I have been here to Ko Samui 4 times but still going to places that I haven’t been before..

    We finally got home after stopping to get the sick one tomatoes and once again cooled off in the pool and relaxed. We then all went out to dinner. Though we were a pretty subdued lot after the snorkelling so didn’t last long and then headed home. Another lovely day, so spoilt😘.

    Oh and Simon tried to get his money back from Jenny after her umbrella did a back flip and was useless on the trip home. She responded by saying she was suing for damages to property! I think we need a moderator 😭
    Read more