Satellite
  • Day 267

    Long way back

    April 7, 2017 in Peru ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    We had another early start, going all the way up out of the valley. By 7am, it was already insanely hot - I've probably never sweated more in my life... Ooh and I've never seen a bigger taranchula than the one in pic 2!

    But with liters of water and a bag full of snacks, we made it back by mid afternoon. Since we still had time and a little delivery pickup offered a ride, we made our way back to Cachora much faster than planned. And started a whole other adventure that day :)

    The pickup stalled and then died partway. Which we almost didn't mind - we had stopped with the most beautiful view! After sharing our leftover snacks with a local family and waiting for a while, we were picked up by another taxi. On the way to the next town, about an hour away, we picked up a few more locals, filling a small car with 7 people plus our backpacks. In our next taxi to the next town, we were 8 people with 5 big bags! We were going fairly slow, as cows, sheep, mules, pigs and dogs were all over the roads, not really willing to let us through :) We then finally took a 3 hour bus and got back to the city by 10pm. Definitely many adventures and a beautiful trek I highly recommend (it's possible to take this one and then continue 3 more days to Machu Picchu and another ancient city on the way)
    Read more