Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Blue Mountains

    October 27, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    This morning we were picked up at 715 am for our Blue Mountains Tour. The Blue Mountains are a flat Mountains 1.5 to 2 hours west of Sydney. It is very picturesque with wonderful vistas. They call it the Grand Canyon of Australia.
    Our first stop was this farm which was more of a petting zoo with farm animals and Australian animals. So we saw kangaroos , Koalas, cockatoos plus chicken, cows, turkeys you name it. A great place for young kids but we both agreed we could have missed this and they day would have been just as good.
    We stopped a few times to see the valleys, water falls, rock formations and tons of trees. They have a formation called the 3 Sisters here as well, nice but Canmore’s 3 sisters are more impressive.
    We chose the hiking option which while most of the members of our group went for a nice lunch at a restaurant we were given a picnic lunch and dropped off at the hiking spot. The hike was more like a leisurely stroll.
    Our last stop was at the Blue Mountain Botanical Gardens and they were beautiful. We would have love to take the hour from the morning and add it to the gardens.
    Tonight we enjoyed dinner with 3 couples from Australia and Celeste ordered the Kangaroo. Kangaroos are everywhere here (50 million)and the meat is like venison.
    A nice day and our tour guide was very informative.
    Read more