Satellite
  • Day 2

    Day 2 in Bordeaux, France

    October 13, 2019 in France ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    So today was my last day in Bordeaux. I had a night flight so I had the full day to explore. I started the day with a trip to the market. Sunday morning markets are one of my favourite things about France. It was so windy but I was happy to see that many locals go there. So I bought some dried thyme and ate a couple of macarons. I really wanted to try oysters for the first time...but just didnt have the courage. I'm slightly put off by the fact that they are alive and raw when you eat them. I observed locals dislodging them from their shells, and just decided i'm not that brave.

    So then I headed off to the water mirror and wandered around the narrow mediterranean streets. I found a crepe place and ate an egg, ham, and cheese crepe for brunch. Then did some more wandering around and now I am in a public garden drinking french wine. I managed to get a mini 250ml bottle of bordeaux wine for €1.50 from the supermarket.

    The day hasnt had much purpose but I had a lot of fun. Good weather, good food, and a positive atmosphere is all you need to have fun in France. It's the kind of place where you can just wander around and end up somewhere fascinating. I have like 3 more hours before I have to leave for the airport. So i'm just going to see where the day takes me.

    Au revoir.
    Read more