Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Look who we found...

    June 2, 2019 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Woke up ridiculously early considering. Lots bouncing around in my head so resigned to the inevitable & rather than disturbing the other 2 decided to go for a run. At least get to see the village we were staying in. Wasn't the longest of runs. When, eventually the irons twosome had woken we braved the bar for breakie - acceptable if expensive - had juice instead of coffee & charged us for toast and coffee & also juice not instead of coffee hmmm!
    Had to head back into Madrid so Gareth could get his train (that he hadn't booked...) to Malaga so decided to head back to the stadium so Liz could witness the majesty of the setting. Quite happy to go back anyway - happy memories. Parked up in Liverpool Street, just across from the stadium - no kidding - fate etc. Had a little wander & a few photos. Some other reds had found a cardboard cut out of the great leader that had been left. Had to be done. As we were leaving the soundtrack to last night was being played over the sound system - as if someone was watching the match again. The cheers for the goal raised more than a smile. Headed over to the nearby shopping centre for some lunch, guided Gareth to the metro & headed off to Valencia. Fairly long journey & by half way was getting a little weary so a caffeine stop was required. Just as we were leaving Liz clocked, Jose Enrique, a Spanish former player. Greetings and smiles exchanged. He'd clearly just been to a game somewhere & was on his way home. Can't think what match... Didn't want to hassle him too much as he is still recovering from a brain tumour. Highs to the lows - Liz proceeded to break a filling on some haribo. Then received a text from Gareth saying all trains to Malaga were full. Muchos worry. Were over 100 miles away & was of no help. Eventually got into Valencia, more free parking & checked with a helpful receptionist tutoring me with my Spanish. Turns out Gareth managed to find a hostel & booked a train the next day. Lots of video watching, reading & blogging about being CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!
    Read more