Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 47

    Langtang Trek - Day 1

    March 21 in Nepal ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    Our first official day of the Langtang trek, our guide Dil Man met us at our hotel and accompanied us to the bus, where we met our fellow trekkers; son Nicolas and father Fredrik from Denmark. We all loaded up onto the bus which seemed pretty comfy with good seats and glass in the windows. Once we set off the conductor turned on the huge TV screen right in front of us which began playing Nepalese music videos at the loudest volume possible. Some of them were bangers, such as "Namaskara" performed by Nepalese Captain Jack Sparrow while swinging from chains in a boxing ring. Half of them seemed to be your classic romance the other half were seemed to be a dark social commentary, such as the music video about famer man who goes to work in Dubai on a construction site and misses his wife terribly and then gets his arm chopped off in a work accident and comes home to his wife and their all sad, the end. Or the women who is in love with a man their happy, then she sees a doctor who's wearing sunglasses and a leather jacket and gives her some bad news. Next moment she's on a hospital bed and the doctor and boyfriend are around her crying then the boyfriend is scattering her ashes, the end. Reminder these are music videos and people are singing throughout.

    As we acquired more people and deliveries, both of which eneded up in the aisle, the road conditions got steadily worse. With most of the main roads having been eroded by landslides or still under construction we had the bumpiest ride of my life, all while going down hairpin bends. After this 9 hour driver we arrived at Syapru Besi and checked into our rooms. The view was already gorgeous with a steep mountain view outside out window and the sound of rushing water accompanying out every moment.

    We ate our dinner while getting to know eachother and went to bed for our first day of hiking tomorrow.
    Read more