Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Camino Del Norte - Day 7

    June 15, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Camino Del Norte - Day 7
    Bilbao - Pobena
    Distance 28km
    Total ascent/descent 250m (6 hours)

    Today was a relaxed day. Shane and I set off from the Albergue at 8am. We walked along the river past the amazing Guggenheim museum.the day was very overcast with a light drizzle. We followed the river towards it's estuary and Puente Colgante in Portugalete. We crossed the river using a suspended carriage for pedestrians and vehicles.
    As any major city, the Camino ran alongside motorways and through industrial estates. Shane and talked about everything. We stopped for lunch on an old pier.
    One highlight for a foot sore peregrino was the street escalator system in Portugalete that took us up steep hills.
    Between Portugalete and Pobena, there were no facilities. It was still very boring until we finally returned to the coast.
    Pobena is a small Spanish town. The small Albergue is packed with a lot of pilgrims I have not seen before. I have joined a lady who has walked from Paris (5weeks so far) and a Japanese lady walking to Santiago.
    To date, I have walked 182km in seven days. I have a few blisters but overall I am in good form.
    Read more