Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Boarding day

    April 17, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    Wandered out for Pizza close by hotel, delicious and the obligatory limoncello!
    Early to bed as bags out and ready at 7am. Another delicious breakfast and wander to the pantheon via the Trevi fountain. One coin toss - great shot!
    More walking and viewing amazing Roma sights including Michelangelo’ designed hill by the huge piazza. We find a cute restaurant for early lunch in a narrow street great for people watching and eat risotto bruschetta and insalata with chardy and we agree we love Rome! To the hotel and board the bus for the trip to the port. Silversea have arranged everything. It’s a door to door service - seamless. The few people we have met think I am from the UK apart from Kathy from Adelaide. Most people on the bus have American accents. The skies are blue the weather is warm ( especially on the bus as the air con is not working) and we can see the sea. We must be close. I will probably cry when I see the ship - I always do!
    So close and yet so far. We are stopped at the security gate as the driver does not have the right pass. It’s quite hot and we will be glad to get off!
    So despite 3 strikes against Silversea - the hot bus transfer , the long check in lines and the in person very detailed muster drill ( which every other cruise line has done away with) we are in LOVE with SS already. Neil our butler bought us a very nice bottle of gin , Eduardo at the pool bar is sourcing Clamato juice for me, the room is seriously beautiful and we got an upgrade. We are watching the sun set from our balcony after an amazing hot tub and swim with no one around! It’s like having your own yacht! The weather is balmy, the pizza by the pool is definitely the best at sea, and we are pinching ourselves. I’ve cried a couple of times already.
    Read more