Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    And back to Kusadasi!

    April 29, 2023 in Turkey ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    Ahhhh Mykonos.
    After all the beautiful photos and posts from friends that have traveled to the Greek islands we are finally here. And it is just perfect. One of those places that needs seeing to be believed. The restaurant we choose is playing Love is the air. Those of you who know that “what a wonderful world “ ( a song I associate with my dad) has followed me everywhere and in very obscure places… in a restaurant in Turkey as soon as we walk in there is a musician playing - you guessed it. It feels like a blessing from dad. And when we board our new ship we hear our wedding song - Richard Marks - Oceans Apart. Very special!
    Anyhow sunset in Mykonos from a little bar window in little Venus looking at the windmills and a wander through the streets and we have had a very magical Mykonos moment.
    Early night even though there is finally entertainment on board - cirque du soleil style.
    Breakfast and a wander through Kusadasi - we were here on the last cruise and know the city so we visit a cute cafe for Turkish tea and baclava and we see our waiter Habib who helped us yesterday sitting nearby. We wave hello and when we go to pay he has paid our bill - way too kind! What a lovely man.
    I buy some things from the market and back to the ship for lunch with our already favorite waiters. The food is really delicious and they have great vegan options.
    This afternoon we sail for Patmos where we will tender to Scala take a look around and head back for our special Greek dinner.
    Royce is realizing the special touches from Silversea but is enjoying this cruise very much.
    Read more