Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Our new ship awaits!

    April 28, 2023 in Greece ⋅ 🌬 16 °C

    Our driver Marios is waiting after a seamless disembarkation from the Silver Moon. While we are sad to be saying farewell we are excited for the next adventure. We are a worried that our next adventure will not be as fabulous as this as it’s been amazing. Mario’s is informative ad friendly and takes us on a scenic tour of the coastal resorts enroute to Lavrion Port. The ship is there - always a good sign and again our travel agent has done a remarkable job of coordinating this trip ( go me!). We board without any hassles and step into the 80’s. The ship is in excellent condition although definitely dated bars and lounges but very comfy and I love it! Our room is huge with a lounge area and a separate bedroom area walk in closet and large bathroom including a tub. The finishes are not as swish however it is an amazing room and we are very happy. We go straight to the pool area for a drink and then to the spa for reflexology and Indian head massage and to lunch. On the way we meet Habib who signs us up for a special dining experience takes us past the long buffet lines to the a la cart lunch area and settles us in for a 3 course delicious lunch with wines and Kalua coffee. To the talk for excursions and port information as this has 2 stops per day.
    We are heading to Mykonos arriving at 6 pm and have our tender number 1! Our excursion was cancelled so we will just go ashore and wander.
    Tomorrow is Kusadasi and Santorini with Patmos and somewhere else the next day.
    Our muster drill is in Person and is very reminiscent of cruises past so is in keeping with the 80’s vibe.
    Tender to Mykonos and we are boat 1.
    We find a very nice restaurant by the water before the hoards arrive and we snag a table by the view and with a heater - it’s a little cold.
    A princess ship in!
    Read more