Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Day 2 Cruising

    September 8, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    I feel like I’ve been onboard forever. I am so at home here! What a fun sea day. Up to see the sun rise over the inside passage, breakfast in our room, arts cafe for coffee, looked at the shops, observation deck for viewing, line dancing and it’s only 12pm. Lunch at La Crappza as Royce calls it, was magnificent. Seafood, sushi delicious wines, the food quality is wonderful. Hot tub time at the back of the ship watching orcas spouting in the distance. Royce to the black Jack tournament and I fall asleep in a deck chair prepared by the pool attendant. The fabulous thing about small ship cruising with silversea is there are no crowds, no fighting for a space to sit or to get a waiters attention. The service is amazing. There are 420 passengers and 411 crew so it’s a 1-1 ratio of guest to crew. We drag Mike and Kay chee to trivia and we come 3rd and Mike and Kay Chee find a perfect Pisco Sour - a drink they discovered on their Antarctica cruise. We meet the captain at a reception and head to the grill for hot rocks dinner. Salmon and prawns and it’s another wonderful meal followed by piano man in the Dolce Vita and I fulfill a lifelong dream of being an entertainer on a cruise ship when I am asked to play the tambourine to dancing queen. Cruise dreams do come true.
    We come back to our beautifully made room to find Silversea backpacks prepared by the butler for our excursion tomorrow- good lord!
    Read more