Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Onboard

    September 7, 2023 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    We are onboard!!!!
    The ship is seriously beautiful. We have decided on a team name … les gastronomes ( definite influences from Francophile brother). But there are rules. You need to be seriously serious about food and wine. Watch out Royce with the Diet Coke. No pressure though. A lovely day boarding, easy process. Apart from a slight hiccup when they dragged Mike and Kay Chee into a room for interviewing! All good after a few minutes … phew. An amazing seafood lunch with tuna,prawns , sushi, salad followed by a visit to spacanopoli the pizza place just to sample some pizza and pistachio gelato. Fernando our butler is very welcoming and so is our room attendant Aaron - big welcoming hugs! Sail away in the hot tub at the back of the ship with aperol spritz and Diet Coke - seriously Royce - and the view is superb. Sailing under the lions gate bridge and watching the amazing scenery as the sun sets in Vancouver is an incredible experience. Dinner in La Terrazza convinces us that this is such good value considering the quality of the food and wine. Risotto, giant prawns, shared dessert and Italian wine is a treat! We head to panorama lounge and catch the last set of the band accompanied by chocolate martinis then to Silver Note to catch the jazz singer and pianist and then to dolce vita for the pianist who is a comedian as well. He gets to know our stories and weaves them into songs for absolute belly laughs and I nearly have an asthma attack laughing and I don’t have asthma!
    Bed and we decide to opt for room service breakfast for tomorrow’s sea day inside passage viewing. It really helps to know the ship a little - this is a sister ship to the silver Moon which we went on in April. While it took a while for us to warm up to Silversea last trip, we are having the time of our lives straight away. It has been a super fun day, all the better for sharing it with family.
    Read more