Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 12

    Leaving Alaska

    15 september 2023, Verenigde Staten ⋅ 🌧 8 °C

    So Royce has recovered wonderfully after leaving the dinner table abruptly last night amid a lot of motion on the ocean, calling the doctor and given something stronger than his patch. He has had a great nights sleep and we were up early snd on the first shuttle to Dutch Harbour. Wow what a remote and beautiful place. We see foxes and sea otters and the Aleutian Museum which is amazing. A bit of walking and back to ship for pizza and rose wine. Very relieved he is well. It was very rough and rocky even for me.
    The sail away party is joined by a huge pod of whales who farewell us with some great tail views as they dive into the Alaskan waters with dramatic scenery SS a backdrop- breathtaking! Royce is recovered enough to join in jewelry making class and we make butterfly earrings that look pretty good - it’s fun and lovely that Kay Chee is with us as well. To trivia and we come 4th again. We are so close but yet so far!
    Caviar and Prosecco in the room served by Francesco out butler - what a treat. Pre dinner drinks with Mike and Kay chee in Dolce Vita and they are training everyone bar person on the ship in the making of Pisco Sour and Hot buttered rum, they are hilarious. Dinner in the Silver Note is a bit rushed as we need to get to the theatre for the big show of our favorite piano man Mark Ferris. It’s a great audio visual extravaganza highlighting - the love boat , lots of dads songs and a few concert party memories as well. I shed a few tears and it’s a great experience. We are the cheer squad in the front row and we continue up to the panorama lounge for more dancing and. Drinks. Mike and Kay Chee light up the dance floor and holiday Royce is back in action (minus alcohol). We leave the young ones ( Mike and Kay Chee) to continue partying and we hit the hay at midnightish. It’s a great day.
    Meer informatie