Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    To Japan

    September 17, 2023 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    The first of 5 sea days as we cross the Bering Sea and the the Oacific Ocean to Japan. We gain sleep time which is nice and up for the 9am port talk and Japanese culture information before a late breakfast at La Terazza at the back of the ship. It’s sunny and the water is a beautiful blue and relatively calm. Royce is taking things easy food and alcohol wise. We head for our art collage class and make another masterpiece. There is plenty to do onboard. Lunch is a special Alaskan delights buffet in Dolce Vita with seafood chowder, soft shell crab burgers, crab cakes and lots of salads. The band is entertaining us with a sing a long and it’s a great event. Afternoon art class - pointillism - dot drawing is fun followed by a bit of a rest and then trivia. It’s formal night and we dress up to meet the captain followed by dinner in Atlantide which is very nice and great service. Dungeness crab and scallop and enoki soup - a great menu. It’s off to see our favorite piano man and we toddle to bed at midnight.
    Kay Chee and Mike are enjoying the Silversea experience and particularly enjoy the rhythm of sea days.
    Read more