Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 5

    Bilbao - San Sebastián

    27 Mayıs 2023, Ispanya ⋅ ⛅ 61 °F

    For those of you with an adventurous spirit, our chosen mode of transportation is a diesel-powered Mercedes-Vito Tourer passenger van, perfect for a comfortable journey.

    We set off from the vibrant city of Bilbao at approximately 9 AM, embarking on a northbound route that led us to the captivating Atlantic coastline. Our primary destination was the awe-inspiring Gaztelugatxe chapel, a unique structure perched upon a rocky islet. Connected to the mainland by a stone walkway evocative of the Great Wall of China, the chapel promised a remarkable experience.

    The landscape that unfolded before us was a feast for the eyes: undulating hills adorned with verdant pastures and charming small farms. This scene resembled the picturesque countryside of Switzerland, albeit with a twist—instead of the familiar pine, oak, and beech trees, eucalyptus forests graced the horizon.

    Our anticipation was palpable as we approached the trail entrance to Gaztelugatxe. However, our excitement met an unexpected hurdle when we were informed that a prior online reservation was required for weekend visits. A slight disappointment washed over us—why hadn't this crucial detail been mentioned in our travel guide? Undeterred, we opted for the shorter trail that led us to a lookout point. From there, we beheld a panoramic view of the sandy shoreline and the distant Gaztelugatxe chapel. We pledged to return on the upcoming Tuesday to fulfill our desire to explore the chapel up close following our visit to San Sebastián.

    Continuing our journey from Gaztelugatxe, we charted a course along the coastline, tracing a route to the east. Our path was paved with precision, weaving through the landscape with a series of thrilling hairpin curves. With each turn, the breathtaking Atlantic vistas were unveiled through forest openings, inviting us to capture the beauty in photographs. The scenery, punctuated by immaculate little towns and villages, bore a resemblance to the charm of Switzerland. The weekend ambiance was alive and well as people embraced the sunny warmth, engaging in walks, hikes, bike rides, and picnics along the route. Our itinerary led us to the quaint town of Lekeitio, where a leisurely break included savoring a refreshing beer accompanied by prosciutto and crusty baguette.

    Upon reaching San Sebastián, we checked into our respective apartments, a private enclave for relaxation. Eager to appease our appetites, we indulged in an early dinner at Pizzeria La Mina. Kurt, one of our companions, hailed it as the pinnacle of pizza perfection, a sentiment we all shared unanimously. The allure of the thin, crispy crust and delectable ice cream—a delightful treat Kurt generously shared—captured our palates.

    A delightful interlude awaits us tomorrow, Sunday. With most establishments closed, we've planned a leisurely day encompassing a scenic city bus tour and a stroll along the sun-kissed beach.
    Okumaya devam et