Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 13

    Lastres - Playa España - Oviedo

    4. juni 2023, Spanien ⋅ ☁️ 68 °F

    The hotel provided a delightful morning meal, featuring café con leche, delicate pancakes, a homemade bundt cake, fresh bread, butter, and jam.

    Among our fellow guests is an animated Australian woman who is trekking the Santiago de Compostela trail. Taking a brief respite, she's renting a car to explore the surroundings. She enthusiastically recommended paying a visit to the Oviedo market.

    Kurt decided to have a leisurely day, enjoying the beach and catching up on reading.

    Meanwhile, Renata, Ursula, and I embarked on a journey to Oviedo. Our leading destination was the Mercado El Fontán, endorsed by the Australian traveler (a 52-minute drive away). Regrettably, as it was Sunday, the market was only partially operational. Nevertheless, the streets encircling the market were brimming with tent-style outdoor vendors and a vibrant crowd.

    Renata snagged a white linen blouse for a mere €5 during our exploration. Naturally, we paused for a coffee break in a charming plaza where a Basque folklore ensemble enthralled the atmosphere with their drums and bagpipes.

    As we wrapped up our time in Oviedo, we took a detour through the captivating countryside, navigating narrow secondary roads, eventually stumbling upon the serene Playa España—a sandy beach—a picturesque surprise.

    Such an enjoyable escapade. Stay tuned for more adventures to come...
    Læs mere