Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 16

    Viveiro - Ortigueira - Cedeira

    7 Jun 2023, Sepanyol ⋅ ☁️ 70 °F

    As a traveler, I found solace in the gentle night rain that welcomed us, a promising prelude to our journey. The weather forecast assured us of its companionship until our return to the USA, but, as any traveler knows, plans can always take unexpected turns.

    Our day began on the outskirts of Viveira, where we found ourselves cradling morning coffee at a quaint bar. Delightful ceramic cups, remnants of our visit to the Sargadelos factory the day before, embraced our senses and set the tone for the day ahead.

    Following the damp path of AC-100, we headed north towards the Cape de Estaca de Bares lighthouse. Miraculously, the rain decided to retreat, granting us a clear view of the stunning landscape. The journey led us through dense eucalyptus forests, filling the air with their wonderful aroma.

    We continued our journey past the charming coastal towns of Ortigueira and Cariño, choosing route DP-2205, which guided us to the coastal mountain hamlet of Santo André de Teixido. Even though light rain veiled the scenery, it couldn't diminish the hamlet's undeniable charm. A petite church welcomed our footsteps here, and a conversation with a friendly local named Carmen unfolded. To my delight, she had eucalyptus honey for sale. Little did she know that I have quite a passion for honey! 😂

    Our route to Cedeira, our final destination, took us along a narrow and winding road. Eucalyptus forests and picturesque pastoral scenes, with grazing cows and elegant horses, painted a landscape reminiscent of Switzerland's Jura mountains.

    Cedeira itself was unassuming, a typical coastal town with a familiar harbor. We made our way to Hotel Herbeira, perched slightly higher and offering a welcome accent of rain as it cascaded upon us.

    Carmen, the hotel's warm-hearted proprietor, greeted us warmly and assigned us modern rooms overlooking the swimming pool and bay. It was a humorous coincidence that the name Carmen came up again, as she had sold me honey, earlier in Santo André de Teixido. It turned out she had deep-rooted connections to the area through her husband. It truly is a small world!

    Since the solitary fine dining establishment in town had chosen that day for closure, we decided to dine at the hotel's restaurant. It turned out to be a symphony of flavors – a mixed salad, a platter adorned with cheese and prosciutto, accompanied by fresh bread and a glass of wine, all playing their delicious part in our culinary adventure.
    Baca lagi