Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 17

    Cedeira - Lugo

    8 Jun 2023, Sepanyol ⋅ ☀️ 64 °F

    June 8th:
    Today, we embarked from Cedeira in the morning and journeyed to Lugo, navigating through a captivating landscape of rolling hills, enchanting forests, and vibrant pastures. Our day's lodging, meant for both today and tomorrow, welcomed us amidst a torrential downpour ☔️. Unfortunately, our spacious Mercedes couldn't be accommodated in the assigned parking garage, compelling Kurt to park it skillfully along a nearby side street.

    June 9th:
    Lugo, with approximately 100,000 residents, has a rich historical past. Once a pivotal Roman military encampment in the 12th century during the conquest of northern European regions, the town flourished. Evident from this era is a formidable 30-foot fortified wall encompassing the compound, fortified further by 71 watchtowers. Much of this structure endures today, and the sight was awe-inspiring. Most of our morning was dedicated to immersing ourselves in the city encircled by the Roman Wall, revealing a striking cathedral, numerous charming squares, and delightful boutique establishments.

    Ursula and I embarked on a leisurely stroll from the ancient quarters to the banks of the River Miño, traversing the Roman Bridge—an integral part of the Pilgrim trail leading to Santiago de Compostela.

    Following a brief interlude for coffee, we regrouped at the apartment, enjoying the French Tennis Semi-Final match between Carlos Alcaraz and Novak Djokovic. Later, Kurt and I secured lodgings for the forthcoming day and meticulously examined our planned itinerary.

    For this evening's dining escapade, we opted for a local tavern celebrated for its seafood offerings. Our palate was treated to delectable Hake, Squid, and Octopus servings.

    Our destination on the morrow is the city of Ponferrada, nestled within the province of León.
    Baca lagi