Satellite
  • Day 137

    Bocas del Toro // Isla Bastimentos

    May 13, 2017 in Panama ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    We had thought about spending a night on Bastimentos but as Bocas town was already super quiet due to off season we figured it would probably be a little to quiet on the other islands. So we decided to just go there for the day to Red Frog Beach. We bought some snacks and prepared some guacamole before taking a boat over to the island. The boatride was already quite nice as we got closer looks of the other islands. We also stopped at the main harbour of Bastimentos and got a view of the town. We didn't get of here but drove further down to the entrance to National Park from where it was just a short walk to Red Frog Beach. The beach was again super quiet and with a clear sky today even more beautiful than yesterday. Also the water was a little nicer as the waves weren't breaking right on the shore and you could get in and out of the water a little easier.
    I took a walk to a little viewing plattform at the end of the beach but even though I kept my eyes open I didn't see any red frogs. We relaxed at the beach reading and catching a little to much sun.
    After a while we went over to a little bar for a fresh fruit juice to find out they had fresh piña coladas! We couldn't say no to that.
    So we enjoyed our cocktail at the beach before walking back to catch our boat back to the main island.
    Read more