Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 127

    Motorbike trip to Khao Sam Rot Yot Natio

    February 21, 2023 in Thailand

    We had a late start today. Nonetheless, we rented some motorbikes and headed to Khao Sam Rot Yot National Park, which has an ancient cave. Our motorbike trip to the National Park from Hua Hin was an amazing experience. With its pristine wilderness, breathtaking limestone cliffs, and stunning landscape, the park offered us some of the most spectacular views we’ve seen in Thailand so far!

    We began our journey from Hua Hin early in the afternoon (hot) taking the route along Highway 4 past the town of Pran Buri (saw local shops and food stalls) to the National Park. We were welcomed by lush green fields, winding roads, and beautiful scenery along the way. As we approached the park, the view gradually opened up to reveal a vast expanse of limestone cliffs, fish farms, lush jungle, and coastline. The natural beauty was breathtaking.

    Once inside the park, we first had to pay the entrance fee before heading to the main attraction: the Khao Sam Rot Cave. So we were told there no boats available to take us to the cave. We hiked and stopped at a viewpoint - very nice. We continued down some and enjoyed some great coastal views.

    The hike up and down the rain forest terrain continued, and we made it to the base area of the cave. However, this is where the steep climb started. We were given encouragement by many hikers leaving the cave. After gaining some elevation we arrived at the entrance, and was greeted by a nice cool breeze. We took the steps down to the entrance of the cave system, and took ot all in. This large limestone cave was filled with stalactites and stalagmites, and even seemed to have a magical air about it.

    As we ventured deeper into the cave, we took in the stunning views of the interior walls as they opened up into the sky allowing light in. We also saw a few shrines, and interesting plant life in this magical cave.

    Exiting the cave as we started our downward climb, Craig spotted a few monkeys above us. Once we made it down to the base of the park, we discovered there were boats available to take us back to the park entrance- we chose the boat option!

    Our trip to Khao Sam Rot Yot National Park and Cave was a great way to appreciate the majestic beauty of nature. The experience was truly unforgettable and made for some of the best memories we’ve ever had on a motorbike adventure. Hitting Hua Hin’s rush hour on motorbikes wasn’t pleasant but It was nice that it did not rain…:)
    Read more