Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 16

    Body, Mind & Soul

    29. april, Spanien ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    It is said that the Camino de Santiago is a journey for the Body, Mind, and Soul.

    The three distinct geographical regions along the route correspond to the 3 stages of personal growth often experienced along the journey. These include physical conditioning, emotional reflection and spiritual awareness.

    Over the past few weeks, we have covered the first portion
    consisting of rugged, exposed mountains; steep, wooded hills, and fertile river valleys and lowlands extending from Saint Jean Pied de Port to Burgos. This is a landscape that tests and conditions the body in equal measure. For every sublime moment of sun-drenched well being there is an inversely correlated moment of pain-hazed doubt.

    We are now into the emotional Journey to Personal Growth of the Meseta. This central region encompasses the most uninhabited stretch of the Camino and thus provides an abundance of space and solitude.

    On the Meseta one battles not only long distances between villages and extreme summer heat but also boredom, uncertainty and the hundred other emotions that inhabit the human psyche.
    Læs mere