Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 45

    Nuremberg Day 4

    June 17, 2023 in Germany ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Today we relaxed in the morning before heading to the Documentation Centre of the Nazi party rallies. It was a heavy day reading and visiting sites from where the rallies took place.

    We got back to town and had a dirty chai to pick us up, then headed home to rest before dinner. Steve ducked out to grab some Lebkuchen, a gingerbread type thing that is made in Nuremberg. It tasted pretty much like gingerbread to us, but glad we tried it.

    There is a guy in the old town that has been busking since we’ve been there and we swear he only plays one song, every time we pass him it’s always the same line he’s singing. Not sure what the deal is there.

    We went out for dinner at Kaspar, a place we had lunch at a few days ago. They do some nice veggie curries, which we felt like we needed after only snacking on a bowl of chips for lunch.

    After dinner we walked along the river towards the old town walls. You can walk along most of the border of the town through the old moat which was a pretty cool experience — the walls are incredibly high in some areas and it’s now a nice green space.

    Once we reached the top of town we left the moat and went to the square where everyone hangs out in the evenings. We had a drink there and watched the fire twirling guys. One guy hit himself in the face with the end of his stick and it looked like it hurt him a little, but he kept going.

    Once we realised it was nearly 10pm we decided to head home — tomorrow is our last moving day and we needed to do a bit of packing after spending four nights here.
    Read more