Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 46

    Munich Day 1

    June 18, 2023 in Germany ⋅ 🌩️ 28 °C

    We woke up and left Nuremberg and was on a train to Munich at 10:30am. We are happy this is the last time that Steve has to drag majority of our luggage to the train station! While we are sad that our trip is coming to an end, we are looking forward to being in our own beds and resting.

    We arrived in Munich with no delays and walked 18 minutes to our accommodation which is in the heart of the city. There was lots of things happening while we walked and when we went out for lunch we learnt that it is Munich’s birthday weekend celebrations. There were lots of people dressed in traditional clothes, market stalls, beer and stages around the city. It was buzzing.

    We headed back home for a quick rest after lunch and could hear a live band playing nearby. Tegan had to do some uni work so Steve went out and found the stage — it was a German band that seemed to be relatively popular. A bunch of older folk were dancing and singing along, the atmosphere was pretty fun!

    We then watched some of the dogs game and had pizza for dinner before heading back down to the stage to watch the next band play. They were older and played mainly covers of hits from the 60s and 70s. We strolled around a little and then back home to watch the rest of the game before bed.
    Read more