Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 49

    Oslo

    May 26, 2023 in Norway ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Similar day to yesterday , really . (Arguably quite similar to the last 40....). Got up, ate as much as is feasible from the buffet breakfast then went cycling. Head wind , sunny, cool. Lots of shared road space: need to get used to this again! Found an incidental stone circle in Lundeby, and a nice chat to a Romanian Chelsea supporter in his cafe in Moss. The chat got me a second coffee for free- who said all those nasty things about Chelsea fans?
    Onwards , nearly all on cycle paths- good as the road was busy. Norwegian cycle ways come with kerbs though: a bit frustrating. My mapping disappeared again so I was just following a line , hopefully fixed now otherwise finding my way across Norway will be tricky. Detour along the Nesodden peninsula gave a lovely ferry ride into the middle of Oslo to finish - but some serious steep bits and the road was busy busy with holiday weekend traffic in a rush to ... chill. Time for culture with a whirlwind race around the Nasjonalmuseet. A wander up the Opera House and met a German bike tourer completing his ride there : jealous!! Oslo on a warm sunny day : everyone looks so cool. I think I want to live here.
    Read more