Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Corfu

    April 30, 2019 in Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    The day began with a rain shower during breakfast and quickly changed to beautiful blue skies for the rest of the day. 20C and another 8 miles exploring the city on foot allowed us to see lots of the Old Town and part of the residential are of the city. Lots of bedraggled cats here, and in old dog who waited patiently at the cross walk until the light turned green before slowly making his way across the very busy street to lie in the sun in front of the Welcome to Corfu sign all day. He was still there when we came back to our ship.

    The souvenirs are a bit different from the last time we were here. The island produces 3% of the world’s olive oil, or so they say.

    Lunch of gyros and Greek salad and house made Greek wine was wonderful outside at Prosilio, complete with white tablecloths and a red rose on each table. Good wifi also helps.

    Of course no exploration day is complete without gelato, which we enjoyed on the steps of the church where we had attended Easter services a few years ago.

    It’s a bit comical to walk through Marks and Spencer’s in Greece and to find the temperature hotter inside than out.

    Managed to fit in a nap before dinner and enjoyed a coconut shrimp salad and ricotta raspberry torte for dessert before watching David Copperfield. No not that David Copperfield. This one is an aging Scot who does ventriloquism, sings, tells bad jokes and plays a mean guitar. Good entertainment all in all, so much so that Vic went back for the 10 o’clock show.
    Read more