Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    San Diego day 2

    March 12, 2020 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 14 °C

    Breakfast at Sbux around 8:30, then bought Hop On Hop Off tickets online. $48 pp. toured the Star is India, a submarine and a couple of steam ships in the pouring rain. The trolley took us to Coronado over a 2.6 mile bridge where we walked to the Beach and shared a corned beef sandwich at McP’s Irish pub for lunch. Beautiful resort area.

    Continued on The trolley to Balboa Park where weave a Japanese Garden, the Timkin Centre for Art where we saw a Rembrandt. Caught the second last trolley back to Little Italy. Met Jody and her parents from Burlington (from our cruise) on the trolley.

    Went back out after a small rest to find an Italian restaurant for dinner. Asked a young couple what they would recommend and they said Mona Lisa, the place we had had lunch 10 years ago. So we went there for the Mona Lisa special. Gave the last two pieces of each of our pizzas to a couple of homeless guys. It was nice to see their eyes light up. Walked about a mile along India in search of gelato and found a cool place called Salt and Straw but the line was really long. Found another place and enjoyed our dessert.$4.50 per single scoop. Almost 7 miles today despite all the ten we spent on the trolley. In bed by 9. Long travel day tomorrow.
    Read more