Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    The travel day

    March 13, 2020 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 13 °C

    Friday morning, our last day here. Amid concerns regarding the COVID-19 virus, we packed our bags and had our last breakfast at Sbux. On our way back to the hotel after the pouring rain, we happened upon a tiny window service only doughnut shop called Devil’s Dozen. Treats to rival Oh Donuts. One caramel topped donut was $3 but was so delicious and browned butter caramelly that we had to share one. Took an Uber to the airport and met a lovely young man from Dubai. He is a dentist and owns four Uber vehicles. He wants to immigrate to Canada so I gave him my business card. He was amazing and the trip was only $15 Cdn for all of us. Lunch at the airport and our flight left on time. Good to be on the way back to Canada. Unfortunately just as we left I got a text from Stef advising that Mom had as a stroke and that she was in the hospital. I thank God that she is getting the care she needs.

    Our flight from Calgary to Winnipeg was delayed so our luggage was delayed coming off the carousel so by the time we got home by cab and into bed it was 3 am. And now to begin the 14-day quarantine.
    Read more