Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Oahu North Shore

    October 17, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Rented a car today so took a cab to the airport to pick it up $26.50. Drive north on the H1. Stopped at the Dole Plantation and enjoyed a Dole soft serve. Stopped also at the Green World Coffee place and bought some salted caramel coffee. At Matsumoto Shave Ice we shared a shave ice with pineapple, coconut and banana flavours. Along the road we ran into a traffic jam. There was construction so only one lane of traffic could drive at once. After a 45 minute delay we were on our way again.
    Stopped at Sunset Beach to watch the surfers. Then Fumis Shrimp Hut for garlic shrimp and tempura shrimp. Both came with two cups of rice.
    Drove through the gardens of the Laie Temple, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
    Next stop Laie Point with a sea arch and amazing lava formations. Then Kualoa Beach Park for beautiful photo op of Chinamen’s Hat and to put our feet in the ocean. Found a piece of coral to take home.
    Have decided to take the South Shore route home and enjoyed the beautiful scenery along the shore. Drove around the bottom of Diamond Head before returning the car to the airport. A good day. Cab back to the ship $23.75.
    Finished with dinner in the dining room and watched Bohemian Rhapsody before an early night while Garry and Carolynne went to the spa.
    Read more