Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Kauai

    October 18, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    We were greeted by musicians and two dancers. We were given the all clear over 30 minutes late so left on our hiking adventure late. We had to sign a waiver but did not receive paper copies so had to electronically sign on the tour guide’s phone.
    Arrived at the trailhead and were given bottles water and the option of using their walking sticks. I had brought my own so gave Vic one. The hike was 4.5 miles over a rise of 700 feet. Amazing views through the rainforest. Stopped part way for granola bars and water. Keona, one of the guides took photos of the participants with a toy dinosaur. The photos looked like we were fighting off the dinosaur. This location as used to film Jurassic Park. Finished the hike by 12:30. Were provided with bananas, potato chips and beer, juice and water beside the stream where we washes off our shoes and poles. Returned to the ship before 2 pm. Had the option to stop and shop but chose not to.
    Showered and washed my shoes before going to the spa for a Fire and Ice manicure. We had each received a $70 voucher for spa services that had to be used by today. Cost for the service was $69 so we paid only $12.68 for the gratuity. Went to the Crow’s nest for happy hour then met the guys for dinner in the dining room. Walked outside after dinner. Starting to feel the swells in the sea.
    Read more