Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 41

    Cairns

    May 31, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    We spent a week in Cairns. Stayed at the Big 4 Cairns Coconut Resort. It was our first time in a Big 4. There is so much to do in them, I see why families love them. Can keep the kids occupied all day.
    We have finally met another Hilltop owner. There was another Feathertop caravan in the park. It was great to meet Ian and Wendy. We have been on the look out for another Hilltop since getting our van.
    We spent some time looking around and shopping. Managed to find a couple of big things. Did the Kuranda trip which will be in another blog and a day at the aquarium. The aquarium is amazing I took so many photos but can only use 10 per blog. Really loved looking at all the colours.
    We were able to get Mark his first Covid 19 vaccination he will have the second in 12 weeks.
    I love to visit any markets that are on when we are in a new location, the night markets were not very good in Cairns.
    On the whole Cairns is a lovely place to visit navigating around is a little difficult, there are lots of road works and part of the city was closed off for the Iron Man but got there in the end. We moved onto Wonga Beach north of Port Douglas for 3 nights.
    Read more