Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 450

    Returning to QLD - Part 1

    July 14, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 11 °C

    This blog is a long time coming. We have been in QLD for 3 weeks.

    On our trip north we will be testing the new 12volt system and staying off grid.We started our journey north with a stop at Benalla. We stayed in the show grounds and had dinner at the local pub across the road. We looked at a free camp site but looked a little shady to us newbies free camping.

    Next stop was The Rock in NSW. It is a small town that allows free camping at the recreational reserve very quiet
    We did stop and see the Ettamogah Pub it is closed in winter as they can't heat it.
    Next stop was Woodstock where we camped up with family. It was great to catch up with Sonja and Craig.
    We did a night in Dubbo at a private camp ground, Blizzardfield. Great little spot though near the airport no night time flights but did start again about 6am.
    We are spending the night in Coonamble at Nakadoo farm stay. It is brilliant. It is a donation camp, we even scored the ensuite. (LOL) A nanny goat had 3 kids last night they are the cutest things. There are cattle, cats, dogs and horses.
    We walked through town and had a looked at the Nickname Hall of Fame.
    Read more