Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Shifted camp....

    March 8, 2022 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    We awoke to a lovely dawn this morning and made preparations to move to our new accommodation in Queenstown. We are pretty good at packing up and loading the car - Nick told me before we left Wellington that we would and as usual he was right!
    We decided to take our coffee at Cromwell and we went down to the old town and found that many of people there were preparing to set out on the Lake Dunstan trail - before as we drove from Clyde to Cromwell we noted the bikers on the trail and looked out for Mum's friend Judith who was riding it with her husband ( Mum has since spoken to Judith and she seems to have completed the trail without incident - so that's comforting).
    It was such a lovely day and it was pleasant to be enjoying the sun again.
    We drove up the Kawarau gorge - stopping off at the Roaring Meg for photos.
    We got to our house in "Shotover Country" and unpacked.
    Then we decided to go to a winery for lunch - our house owner had recommended Akarua Winery and it was a great choice. We sat out under trees in an open courtyard. We went for a platter with some additional plates and a glass of their wine - the girls Pinot Noir and Bob and I a dry Riesling.
    We so enjoyed the lunch and wine in such a lovely situation.
    Then we came back home and have done little since - Robyn & Mary went for a walk and I took a few more photos.
    Some TV and very soon bed.
    Tomorrow we think we will go for a sort ride and its been a few days now since we were on a bike.
    Read more