Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    The Tamar

    March 14 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    This post will bring us all up to date.
    But before we tell you about today, I have realised that having finished the anti Viral medicine that doesn't mean I am back to normal and Gran who has been suffering the symptoms of Covid for several days now and tests negative everytime, is feeling off colour too - so from a health perspective, today was an average day for us both.
    But we did enjoy getting out.
    We packed up and got on the road to Scotsdale for coffee, oh and to pick up my reading glasses that I left there the previous afternoon!! The coffe was pretty good and we got some more surplies at the supermarket.
    Today we planned to travel around the tamar wine area and stop for a wine and lunch. The place we chose was a family winery called Delamere - they established their winery 40 years ago mainly with Chardonay and 20 years ago added Pinot Noir. It was a simple place, no airs and graces - we chose our food from a pantry that had the basics, crackers, cheeses, olives, salamies etc and after a tasting we chose a Chardonay for Robyn and a Pinot Noir for me. Both wines were superb with strong flavours. It was so pleasant - the winery was full on with harvest, which apparently is early.
    We decided to drive the eastern side of the Tamar wine region, but it was not that special and proceeded back along the motorway across the bridge to Beauty Point.
    This place is right on the river and has a very large yatch house and lots of yatchs parked. There appears to be a lot of industry here too.
    The camp is very tidy and is quiet.
    The camp is on a small penisula jutting out into the river, we went for a stroll along oneside and back down the other - the evening sun was lovely.
    Not sure what or where we will be tomorrow - we have decided to not stray too far from where we are now - two big days at Cradle mountain from Saturday.
    Read more