Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Lay Back day

    March 15 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    We decided yesterday that we would do stuff around Beauty Point today, and so I went down to the office this morning and asked if we could stay again tonight - all good and "as a returning guest you get a cheaper rate" - a saving of $5!!
    But BREAKING NEWS Robyn officially has Covid - we kind of guessed that as she has felt like she had it 3 days ago - we knew this was inevitable.

    It's been a lovely calm evening here at our campsite - and as I type this I can hear Kookaburra's tell jokes!
    We had a few chores today and we packed up as if we were leaving and off.
    Stopped for a coffee first and there was a politician holding a local meeting - there are elections happening here - so we could hear him entertaining the group.
    Then off to a town 20km away and found a "black waste" dump site, all good, then we went looking for the chemical toilet tablet/packs and must asked at 5 or 6 different places during the day - no luck.
    We eventually decided to find a nice spot for lunch and we went down to a jetty area at a beach called Gravelly Beach. It was warm and sunny and we had wraps - sitting in our beach chairs - as you do.
    After lunch we went for a walk and then another drive.
    We made our way to Green Beach which is on the coast, adjacent to Beauty Point - it had a golf course and lots of lovely holiday homes.
    Then home and a sit in the sun - doing very little.
    Hardly an exciting day, but we needed the rest.
    Tomorrow we drive to Cradle Mountain and spend two nights there - the weather is still holding - we are very lucky.
    Read more