Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 166

    Lands End and Angharrack Xmas lights

    December 14, 2019 in England ⋅ 🌧 6 °C

    After lunch and an ice cream we drove 30 mins west to the Minack Theatre.
    This outdoor theatre was hand made by Rowena Cade in the late 1920’s and is a highlight on the Cornish coastline at Porthcurno.
    Sadly today there was nothing on but we were also fighting the soon to be ending day light and winds that were so strong we could hardly stand up so instead of paying £5 to look around properly the kind lady on the desk let us have a quick peek for free before we jumped in the warm car and headed the extra 15 mins to Lands End.
    We just got a couple of photos in at the famous signpost and admired the wild seas before the heavens opened and it lashed it with rain.
    Back in the car the last port of call for the day was Angharrack- a tiny village outside of Hayle reknown for its 12 Days of Christmas light decorations.
    After a pint in the pub waiting until 5pm for the lights to be switched on we walked through this amazing little place admiring the effort in
    All of the Xmas lights.
    We couldn’t find the Partridge in the Pear tree- apparently it was in the garden of a lady who had gone to Mexico for the Xmas holidays and no- one had the key to her garage to switch it on!!! Too funny.
    By now we were all pretty tired so off we went home for dinner and the final of Strictly Come Dancing.
    Great day was had by all.
    Read more