Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 167

    Swanpool and a Cornish Xmas Carols

    December 15, 2019 in England ⋅ ⛅ 7 °C

    Woke up to another dry and sunny am so off to the beach it was. We all had a v slow start to the morning as E was apparently v tired from our big day yesterday so we all had a sleep in and a leisurely breakfast at home.
    Next it was off to Swanpool and a walk across the coastal path to Gyllyngvase Beach cafe for a coffee. We had perfect timing which allowed us to avoid a significantly heavy hail shower which came from nowhere.
    On the way home it was time for more geo-caching.... aka digging around clumps if grass in a wet wall!! 2 x successfully found before the girls left at 2pm.

    Next we were off to a carol concert of traditional Cornish carols that have been resurrected from song books taken out to the colonies by the miners.
    It was meant to be at the lively Gwennap Pit but in arriving for the concert we found out it had been moved to Camborne so sadly we missed the first 10 mins. However we thoroughly enjoyed the remaining songs and the readings that were done in the traditional Cornish language by Bert Biscoe.
    By now it was throwing it down with rain so K and I enjoyed a wine and dinner at home - these early dark nights make 5pm feel like 10pm!!
    Read more