Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 30

    Kerry Day 1

    September 28, 2023 in Ireland ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Big hop today down to Kerry, with the remnants of storm Agnes nipping at our heels. Do we do the Ring of Kerry? Do we do it clockwise or anticlockwise - with the myriad coaches or against them? We decided to go with the flow and just raced them to each of the next scenic spots 😁. Visibility wasn't good, so the photos are even less capable of showing you the real beauty of these places but we'll try again tomorrow.
    We did go off the beaten track at one point and found ourselves on an incredibly steep hill, going up the side of a cliff! With a sheer drop to the sea far below on the right (no barrier) and bushes brushing against the side of the van on the left (there really was no room to spare) we raced up the slope, desperate to get to the top before we met something else coming down. There were no passing places that I could see and neither of us could tear our eyes away from the road ahead long enough to really take in the horror/ beauty that surely lay out the driver's window and down the cliff. It was a fun nightmare 😂.
    The campsite is stunning and we're parked about 30ft from where the waves break against the rocks as we look out to sea.
    Read more