Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Como-Bellagio-Day 3

    March 17, 2023 in Italy

    Exploring Day - We drove 50 mins to the town of Bellagio on Lago De Como. This town is what the Bellagio Casino in Vegas is named after. The road was narrow and almost complete switchbacks the entire time. We were up higher than the lake. There were some really pretty views. When we arrive to the town we were starving of course. So we got some “toast”. Americans would call it a grilled ham and cheese. You can also get it just cheese. restaurants, cafes and bars serve different things in Italy. You cant get toast at a restaurant. Only at a bar. And a bar can serve alcohol, espresso or dolci (desserts or pastries). You mostly only find gelato at a Gelateria. The town seemed to be under a bit of construction so the path along the lake was blocked. We decided to take a cute little faux train on a tour around the town. It took about 25 mins. After we got back to started walking up, up and up more steps to the different streets. We found a place to eat that served fish n chips for Andrew and a Hamburger for Renee. Gabe wasn’t hungry and I got a GREEN salad. We chose this place quickly and because we were Hangry! As we left, we walked about 5 more steps and found a delightful quaint bistro serving truffle risotto. Fail!
    We took some photos, got a gelato and headed back to Como. We parked the car and walked to the Funicular stop. The Funicular is a tram that climbs the side of the mountain. This one takes 7 minutes to get from Como to Brunate. Deer Valley has a Funicular that we like. So this was very interesting to us. The town of Brunate is at the top of the Funicular. High above the lake. We took some photos and looked for a place to eat something. We chose a nice family owned trattoria, got some pasta and a Prosecco for Mom. We rode the Funicular back to Como and of course had to stop for a gelato. Gabe and Veronica decided to have a date night in Piazza de Volta. Andrew and Renee went back to the apartment. Ready to drive to France tomorrow!
    *History details to come….
    Read more