Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Travel Day to Cortina d’Ampezzo

    March 22, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 4 °C

    We got moving early today. We packed the car up and got on the road by 10. We had our first lost item. Andrew’s GoPro. He left it inside his jacket and then left his jacket inside a store. When he went back to get the jacket, the GoPro wasn’t inside.
    In Milan, we exchanged the car and then stopped lunch. Gabe choose Turkish kebabs and pizza. It was good! Something different. We made a quick stop at a mall and then got back on the road.
    We arrived in Cortina around 7:25pm. We were trying to get to the ski rental store before they closed at 7:30pm. We didn’t make it.
    The rooms at the hotel we are staying in are huge. I think they have never been reconfigured from when people traveled with valets and maids. The rooms have small rooms inside them for a nanny or a baby’s room. We got to walk around town tonight before dinner. It’s another really cute town. More designer stores here than any other place so far.
    Tomorrow, we will head up to the mountain to ski and watch Franchi ski. Tommi and Franchi are on a ski team for the town San Martino de Castrozza. The event that is here in Cortina is the Finals for the season. You had to qualify to attend. We are looking forward to seeing the boys race in person.

    Cortina d’Ampezzo is a host city for the Winter Olympics 2026. The 2021 Sking World Cup was held here also.
    Read more