Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Florence Day 1

    April 15, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 10 °C

    We woke up early to go into the Duomo, but quickly realized that we couldn’t, because the line was too long. Switching to plan B, we went to the bridge on the other side of the river, took some pics, and went exploring. We came across a whole street filled with jewelry stores . Mom and Dad enjoyed looking at necklaces, rings and earrings and Andrew even liked looking at the watches. However, I was starving. Dad eventually gave me some money to get Andrew and I brunch. We got paninis from a small bakery. We walked back to the other side of the river, and went into a Ferragamo store. It was surprisingly big. Then, we went under the store into a museum about the founder of Ferragamo. It was about how his wife took over the store after he died, and it is full of inspiring quotes. After the museum, Mom and Dad went into Gucci, and Andrew and I rented a scooter to ride around the square in. We somehow got separated so Dad went to get a sandwich, and I got gelato. We met back up and went to a cafe to get some pasterys. Next, we went into the church were Michelangelo and Galileo Galilei are buried. It was really big. The Church was having an event that was going on TV, so it was kinda busy. After the Church, Mom and I wanted to get home so we could get ready for our nail appointment. We got manis and pedis, we also got the same color for our fingernails! Then, we went home and relaxed until it was time for dinner. We went to an underground restaurant, which had some really good steak and chicken. After the amazing dinner, we walked into the square, where we rode the carousel that was out there, and Andrew bought a rocket copter. We were all very tired, so we immediately went home and to bed.
    A presto,
    Renee
    Read more