Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Travel day to Greve in Chianti

    April 17, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    Today we got up and went to Michalangelos square and that over looks the city. We took some pictures and after this we drove to a vineyard to have a picnic. We took a detour and went and saw a U.S. military graveyard. It flew the American flag and had guards outside. The people buried were from WW2.. After the detour, we drove for a little bit and then we were getting close to the vineyard. We drove for a little bit until there was a fork in the road and then we had to decide which way to go. We picked the right way and we drove for a third of a kilometer even though it did not feel like that. Once we got to the vineyard we walked to our picnic spot and had our picnic and it was delicious. We each had a bag with 3 sandwiches, strawberries and Baci kisses. The strawberries were grown at the vineyard. The picnic was in the backyard of the family’s home who own the vineyard. They dont live there all the time. One of the people who work at the vineyard gave us a short tour and explained a lot about the grape vines and how they make wine. After the picnic we drove straight to our inspirato villa. Once we got to the villa we went and explored the house. It is very big. After we sat around a while we went into town so Mom could pick up her Amazon package. She ordered our summer reading books. We also stopped at the grocery store. We went to dinner and walked in the square. I had some of the best gnoicchi I’ve ever had. After dinner we shot rocket copters out in the square for a little bit and then went home. After we got home we did find penguins and built legos.
    Ciao, Andrew
    Read more