Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 48

    Travel day to Sciacca

    30 Nisan 2023, İtalya ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    Today we are going to drive to the town where my great-grandmothers family is from. It’s called Poggioreale. We stopped at a local bar to get some sandwiches and snacks, and my Dad asked if they knew any Cangeloses. Sicilians actually spell Cangelose with an i. They said the mayor is a Cangelose! So we went to his relative’s house and then he came over. My Mom said that Aunt Paige had told her the mayor had come to Texas for the family reunion. The mayors name is Memo Cangelosi. And he remembered the reunion. He brought us a book on the history of Poggioreale. We were very grateful for the family to have us over. Their son was there and he spoke English. We all sat in the dining room and they gave us some Cokes to drink. After we said our goodbyes, we drove to Sciacca. We got to our amazing hotel and had a snack. Andrew took a bike went exploring and we got settled in our room. Mom and Dad went to the spa, The spa has salted thermal pools and a huge steam room. This spa wont let anyone under 18 go in. So Andrew and I cant go. The gym is outside and they have fitness classes. The resort has golf, basketball, tennis, pickle ball, water sports, a teen club. It’s awesome! But the weather isn’t great…..Andrew and I relaxed in our room until they got back. We then switched rooms so we could be more closer together. We didn’t make a reservation for dinner, so we had room service dinner.
    My Mom and Dad went to dinner at the seafood restaurant by the ocean. My Mom had pasta with shrimp and pistachios and my Dad had lamb chops. They of course had Bietola for a side. We asked for them to bring a dessert but they said they didn’t sound very good.
    We are hoping to do some activities in the ocean tomorrow. Buona Notte, Renee
    Okumaya devam et