Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 60

    Amsterdam Day 1

    May 12, 2023 in the Netherlands ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    Today we had to wake up SUPER early to catch a train and then a bus to get to the flower garden Mom wanted to go to. Andrew wanted to ride bikes as soon as we to got to the hotel, we will ride them soon. Unfortunately, we were to late to take the train, so we had to get an Uber. We walked to get some breakfast, a sugary waffle called a Stroopwafel. My stomach was hurting, so I didn’t eat it. They made them hot and fresh right in the shop. Andrew ate them and he really like them. We took an Uber to get to the bus, then we had to wait a little while for the bus to arrive. Andrew walked away to go look around, and he took to long and the bus showed up. We all got on but he still hadn’t come back, so Dad had to stay back and find him. They got on the bus right after us. It’s about a 40 minute ride out to this garden. After we got back together, we started our adventure. There were tons and tons a beautiful flowers and small buildings. There was even a playground and a zip line! It was super fun and I loved watching Mom and Dad take pictures and looking at ALL the pretty flowers. I was starving by then, so we got some fries, they were delicious. Most Europeans eat fries or “Chips” with mayonnaise. But their mayonnaise is different than ours. It’s thicker and creamier. We walked around the entire garden. The sun came out and it started to get warmer. We got back to the hotel and we got some bikes. We biked to the Van Gogh museum. We have a timed ticket entry at 3:15pm. Vincent Van Gogh is a famous painter who painted the Starry Night. We didn’t see it tho. Van Gogh had a brother, Theo who was a big part of his life. Van Gogh was mentally ill, so he was in a mental hospital for awhile. He even cut off his own ear! Sadly, he died by committing suicide. After the Van Gogh museum, we were all very tired, especially me. But we decided to have linner, a mix of lunch and dinner, kind of like Apertivo. We met a guy who gave us a good hibachi place to eat dinner. We tried to go there, but we got separated from Mom and got lost! We tried to call her, but Dad’s phone died. We biked to a convenience store who let us use his phone charger. We gave up and decide to just head back and wait for Mom back at the hotel. I fell asleep in the room, and Mom came and brought Andrew and I meatballs and pizza. I fell back asleep and slept for a long time.
    Ciao, Renee
    Read more