Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 59

    Travel Day to Amsterdam

    May 11, 2023 in the Netherlands ⋅ 🌧 14 °C

    Today we are flying to Amsterdam. My mom woke up super early to go to the self service laundry. Then we repacked only the clothes we would need for the weekend into 2 suitcases. We are flying Easy Jet airlines and they charge for each bag you bring. After we woke up and ate breakfast we went straight to the airport in the car. We got to the airport and ate lunch there. We got on the flight and the flight wasn’t bad. It was only 2 hours. Renee and I sat together and watched Young Sheldon. When the drink cart came by you even had to pay for water. But they had a lot of food options. You could buy hot pasta to eat. We took an Uber to our hotel and got checked into the hotel. We are staying at the W Amsterdam. We got jackets because its a little cold and went straight to our boat tour. The tour was great and we learned a lot about the canals and the city. It was just the 4 of us on the little wooden boat. The captain Willem, brought us snacks and Mom and Dad had champagne. We saw a lot of tours along the canals and go to see the house boats up close. Once we got off the tour we walked around the city for a while and went in a couple stores. My Dad found us a Chinese restaurant for dinner. While we waiting for our table I went to Ripley Believe it or Not. There was a statue of Robert Wadlow the worlds tallest man standing at 8 foot 11. There was also a wood carved Bugatti and some other stuff but you had to pay entrance for that.
    The Chinese food was ok. It’s not on royal china level though. The dumplings were good but the fried rice was not fried. After dinner we walked back to the hotel and went to bed. We have an early morning tomorrow.

    -Andrew
    Read more