Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Fun filled day ahead

    September 7, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 5 °C

    Up early to see the sun break over the mountains - stunning

    Head out to Maligne Overlook, a little brisk but the scenery is also stunning.

    Back on the coach and off to Jasper - first stop, Whistlers Inn. It’s had a tissy up but not much has changed - still that very 70’s feel. Speaking to our coach driver Heather this is where she & other drivers stay when they’re on tour. The tradition lives on.

    Secret Naval Base in Jasper - 1940’s

    Little bit of souvenir shopping (another fridge magnet for me). Back on the coach for our trip to Mt Robson. (3,954 mt) highest peak in the Rockies.

    OMG - there’s an Elk on the side of the road..

    Lunch is at Blue River, then we’re straight onto a “catamaran” - it just looks like 2 boats strapped together. It was sea worthy enough 😳. So out onto the lake we go, the whole time scouring the bank for wildlife. We had a brilliant sunny day so our day of wildlife discovery turned in to a lovely cruise around the lake.... bit of natural vitamin D was the order of the afternoon.

    Back on the bus for the next leg of our journey- afternoon tea @ Painted Turtle. It was an RV park @ Dutch Lake.

    Last leg before we settle in at Sun Peaks.

    Very big day on the coach - we did some miles today.
    Read more