Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Scenic Route

    September 8, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    Last night the heavens opened so this morning we’re greeted with low cloud and grey skies. Liquid Sunshine 🌧
    Sun Peak Village still looks pretty.

    Not so much of a problem as we’re pushing through to Whistler only stopping for morning tea & lunch.

    The change in weather has really changed the scenery, the cloud is so low it looks like fairy floss strung through the trees.

    Our tour guide Caterina took it upon herself to be our entertainment - singing and dancing in the aisle of the coach. Very funny, really made the time pass quickly.

    We stopped at a quaint property for morning tea where the scones, pies & sausage rolls had literally just come out of the oven - OMG, they were yummy 🤤

    Back on the coach and we head for Lillooet for lunch - I swear all we do is eat. Then we get off the coach to find we’ve parked across the road from the RCL (Canadian version of the RSL). It’s not open but mum spied a women heading in. So what do we do?
    Follow her in of course. Eunis was lovely to talk to, she asked us to sign the book and gave us guest ribbons. We had a quick look around then left her so she could get ready for today’s meeting.

    We continued the not so scenic drive through the rain and made it to Whistler in amazing time - our driver Heather is a star....

    We have enough time to check in then head off for yet another kitchen tour, Lachlan passed on this one.
    Sous Chef Matthew gave us the tour - one thing different here is they grow their own herbs & some vegetables. We met and chatted with Executive Chef Isabel Chung, she runs a very tight ship. Off down to the bakery to meet executive pastry chef Annup, I almost didn’t hear what he said because all I could smell was muffins, danish & all things pastry 🤤

    What a fabulous facility, so pleased we had the opportunity to see the mechanics of it all.

    Chef convinced us to head to his restaurant for dinner - let’s see what he has in store for us....

    More food I’m sure
    Read more