Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Still in transit and then, we're here!

    July 5, 2017 in England ⋅ 🌙 21 °C

    Thirty two hours door to door - leaving home till checking into our Kensington apartment.
    KL to Heathrow was a drainer, a lot of nothingness and little rest. The last time we did this length of trip was to Paris Business Class. Economy is very different on the long haul!
    Arrived at Heathrow, spent ages in the queue for Passport Control, bought our train cards at a ticket machine and Phil lost his credit card....... for about 10 mins. He went thru his pockets, wallet and looked around twice, then I did the same and eventually he found the card on the ground under a piece of luggage. PHEW!!!!! Just a little too tired.
    Caught our train and arrived at apartment just before 6.30 pm.
    Had dinner at a local pub which we can definitely improve on in the future and wandered a local shopping/restaurant strip to stretch our bodies.
    10pm and we are crashing, an early finish so we'll be right tomorrow for our first day in London.
    The good news is that all of my online shopping had arrived and was waiting for me on arrival! Makes life very easy!

    Phil -so glad to finally get here. First beer and food was not great but we both did not care, we just needed to sleep.
    Read more